We hold educational presentations throughout the year, informing the community on topics like binge drinking, how to use the app “Talk. They Hear You.”, and Vaping & JUULing - the negative effects on our youth, mental health, etc.
This subcommittee concentrates its efforts on educating parents, caregivers, and the community about alcohol and the effects on our youth to include the following:
• Collaborate with law enforcement on local retail alcohol compliance checks.
• Education on prevention of underage/binge drinking,
• Social host laws and how to talk to your teen about use.
• Communication campaigns to teach youth about the risks of underage drinking.
This subcommittee concentrates its efforts on educating parents, caregivers, and the community about marijuana & tobacco and the effects on our youth to include the following:
• Educate the community on the health risks of youth marijuana use.
• Educate the community and stakeholders on current marijuana policies and how
a change in state-wide policy could impact youth use.
• Presentations on current marijuana trends relating to youth usage of JUUL & e-cigs.
Our community is full of people who want to help. We work to help the people providing services with the people who need them. Come connect with people in new ways.
Responsible for member recruitment, training, and retention by providing meaningful, engaging opportunities and recognition of contributions
Sign up to hear from us about webinars, presentations and and to receive our newsletters.